BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
BRIDAL HAIR FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS | A HANDS ON WORKSHOP | BY VICTORIA STILES
LOCATION: VICTORIA STILES HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTIST STUDIO
18 SOUTH KING STREET, LEESBURG, VIRGINIA 20175 | 571-265-7138
WHEN: SUNDAY, MARCH 16, 2014
TIME: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Award recipient 6 years in a row, voted Best Wedding Vendor in Washingtonian Magazine, One To Watch, and Editor’s Pick, with published work in Style Me Pretty, Washingtonian Bride and Groom, Brides Magazine and The Knot, Victoria Stiles Hair and Makeup Artist brings you an exclusive hands-on workshop in bridal hairstyling designed specifically for the working makeup artist.
The mission of this workshop is to provide the working makeup artist information, training, and hands on techniques in mastering the art of bridal updos and general bridal hairstyling.
In addition to hands on training, Victoria Stiles is seeking to fill assistant and lead positions for upcoming weddings and events. This workshop is a must attend event if you are interested in working future events with Victoria Stiles.
Photos and reviews from our last Bridal Hair for Makeup Artists Workshop in July 2013:
“Just finished up #BridalHairforMakeupArtists hands-on workshop with @victoriastiles. Covered so much from updo’s to extensions to braids, can’t wait to expand my bridal services. Thanks @victoriastiles for being so generous with your time and knowledge!” – EmyLou Rodriguez
“Loved the class! Highly recommend it!” – Meredith Ehler
“Victoria, I learned so much from you today. Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail each step of the updo styles. I feel more confident in doing updos for my brides!” – Nini
10AM – 1PM
– Welcome and introduction to the class
– Tools of the trade: Information on professional styling tools, differences in styling tools including barrel sizes for curling irons, various sizes in flat irons, and where to purchase for your kit.
– Products: Key styling products including sprays, gels, and dry shampoo to pack in your kit.
– Identifying hair types, texture, and basic techniques in prepping each for style.
– HANDS ON – Each attendee will have a human hair mannequin head to work on during the class AND take home to practice your new techniques in updo styling, blow-outs, and a variety of other hairstyles taught at the class.
– Sectioning hair, overview, and hands-on practice of round brush blow-outs, perfect for mothers of the bride.
1PM – 2PM
Lunch on your own. Downtown Historic Leesburg offers a variety of dining options to fit everyone’s dietary needs!
2PM – 6PM
– Overview of a variety of popular celebrity updo styles including down and half up half down styling.
– Hands on techniques in curling, learn directional curling and wave techniques to achieve a variety of updo and bridal hairstyles.
– Hands on techniques in hair setting for a variety of updo styles.
– Hands on training to properly secure and camouflage hair pins.
– Hands on training for a variety of updo and other bridal hairstyles.
– Overview and hands on training in current trends such as waterfall braids, waterfall ponytails, Hollywood waves, and adding human hair clip in extensions for added length and volume.
– Finishing touches, spraying hair with proper products for all day hold without looking heavy or dry.
6PM – 7PM
– Business talk with Victoria Stiles
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED! ONLY 10 SPOTS FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOP, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. YOU MUST PRE-PAY FOR THE WORKSHOP IN ORDER TO SECURE YOUR SPOT. DETAILS BELOW.
BRIDAL HAIR FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS WORKSHOP RATE: $575
THIS RATE INCLUDES:
– 8 HOUR HANDS ON BRIDAL HAIR FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS WORKSHOP ON MARCH 16, 2014 WITH VICTORIA STILES IN LEESBURG, VA
– MANNEQUIN HUMAN HAIR HEAD AND STAND
– A GIFT BAG WITH KEY TOOLS FOR UPDOS
* This workshop fee is non-refundable. In the unlikely case this workshop is canceled or rescheduled, attendee will have the option of a refund in full or credit for future workshop.