Makeup Artists, learn hair styling techniques that will set your style for the most gorgeous bridal updos and learn how to apply those techniques for on set hair that translates to commercial and
editorial hair styling!
This is a one of a kind hybrid hands-on workshop hosted by Award Winning Hair and Makeup Artist, Victoria Stiles, Hair and Makeup Department Head at EWTN DC, WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Award recipient 7 years in a row, voted Best Wedding Vendor in Washingtonian Magazine, One To Watch, and Editor’s Pick, with published work in Style Me Pretty, Washingtonian Bride and Groom, Brides Magazine, The Knot,
Vogue Italia, Cosmo, Marie Claire and Glamour.
This experience will give you the knowledge to book jobs which require clean updos, light commercial hair styling to more creative editorial looks. This hands-on full day workshop is a one stop shop for everything bridal to on set hair, a must for the working makeup artist!
10AM – 1PM
– Welcome and introduction to the class
– Tools of the trade: Information on professional styling tools, differences in styling tools including barrel sizes for curling irons, various sizes in flat irons, and where to purchase for your kit.
– Products: Key styling products including sprays, gels, and dry shampoo to pack in your kit.
– Identifying hair types, texture, and basic techniques in prepping each for style.
– HANDS ON – Each attendee will have a human hair mannequin head to work on during the class AND take home to practice your new techniques in updo styling, blow-outs, and a variety of other hairstyles taught at the class.
– Sectioning hair, overview, and hands-on practice of round brush blow-outs, perfect for mothers of the bride, basis for an updo, basic on set commercial hair for an anchor on air at a network.
– Basic Commercial on set styling techniques and quick changes.
1PM – 2PM
Lunch on your own. Downtown Historic Leesburg offers a variety of dining options to fit everyone’s dietary needs!
2PM – 7PM
– Overview of a variety of popular celebrity updo styles including down and half up half down styling and how to apply those styles to commercial and editorial.
– Hands on techniques in curling, learn directional curling and wave techniques to achieve a variety of updo and bridal hairstyles.
– Overview and hands on training in current trends such as waterfall braids, waterfall ponytails, Hollywood waves, and adding human hair clip in extensions for added length and volume.
– Translating foundation techniques from bridal hair and applying to on set styling. Hands-on quick editorial hair styling.
– Wrap up workshop and Q & A
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED! ONLY 10 SPOTS FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOP, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. CLASSES ARE SMALL TO BENEFIT THE ATTENDEE. YOU MUST PRE-PAY FOR THE WORKSHOP IN ORDER TO SECURE YOUR SPOT. DETAILS BELOW.
SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2015:
BRIDAL EDITORIAL HAIR
FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS WORKSHOP RATE: $675
*EARLY BIRD SPECIAL UNTIL FEBRUARY 14 – $575*
THIS RATE INCLUDES:
– 8 HOUR HANDS ON BRIDAL EDITORIAL HAIR FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS WORKSHOP ON SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2015 WITH VICTORIA STILES
A LITTLE WEDDING STUDIO | 18 SOUTH KING ST | LEESBURG VA
– MANNEQUIN HUMAN HAIR HEAD AND STAND
– A GIFT BAG WITH KEY TOOLS FOR UPDOS
* This workshop fee is non-refundable. In the unlikely case this workshop is canceled or rescheduled, attendee will have the option of a refund in full or credit for future workshop.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT:
OR CALL 571-265-7138